Full Charge Bookkeeper
KRD, a full-service public accounting firm, has been providing sound financial advice to clients for three decades. We provide a full range of client services: audits, reviews and compilations; financial, retirement and estate planning; accounting and software consulting; tax and business valuations services. Our working environment is team-oriented and supportive. Our business is growing and we are in need of an experienced full-time Full Charge Bookkeeper to join our Business Services team.
The selected candidate will work in a department of 12 to provide client services for our firm by performing duties such as those outlined below.
Minimum Education, Skills & Experience:
- Manage accounting functions for small to medium-sized businesses
- Prepare bank reconciliations and balance checkbooks
- Process invoices &
- Process payroll & payables
- Balance and maintain client general ledgers, including preparing and recording journal entries
- Prepare depreciation and amortization schedules
- Prepare monthly accruals
- Prepare and update client budgets
- Process and prepare financial statements and all related payroll, sales tax filings
- Prepare annual W-2’s and 1099’s
- Maintain working files; assure timely tax payments and benefit plan contributions.
- Interact with clients in a positive manner, including regular or as-needed on-site visits
- Interface with third-party administrators and government agencies on behalf of clients
- Prepare engagement correspondence
- Other duties as required to meet overall needs of the firm.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
- 4+ years of experience working in public accounting
- Expert in QuickBooks desktop, QBO and Microsoft Office. Other bookkeeping and accounting software capabilities a plus but not required
- Strong understanding of General Ledger maintenance and closings
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Organized, outgoing, and detail-oriented; must be able to work independently
- Exceptional communication skills to work effectively across all layers of the organization, both internally and externally; speak and write accurately and persuasively; give and receive clarification and respond to questions.
- Experience in paperless environment a plus
Over the past several years, KRD has received annual awards locally and nationally for being one of the Top Accounting Firms to Work For and Best and Brightest Places to Work. Our employees enjoy the flexibility, comradery and relaxed working environment we offer while understanding the importance of continuing to meet client needs by working hard, accurately and smart. In addition to being an employer of choice, KRD also offers a generous PTO plan as well as a retirement savings option.
The selected candidate will have a keen attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to think logically and maintain organization in a fast-paced public accounting environment. Only those with exceptional references and a proven track record as a professional team player will be considered. We check references and perform a background check as part of our hiring process.
We are looking for someone who wants to take ownership of the job and make a difference to our clients. If this sounds like you, please consider applying today by completing our on-line application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KRDBA17 and sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT: Full Charge Bookkeeper position.
Each is a required step in our application process.