Human Resources Professional
Part-Time Human Resources Professional
KRD, a full-service public accounting firm, has been providing sound financial advice to clients for over three decades. We provide a full range of client services: audits, reviews and compilations; accounting and software services; tax strategies and preparation, business valuations services, as well as financial, retirement and estate planning. Our working environment is team-oriented and supportive. Our business is growing, and we are in need of an experienced part-time HR Professional to join our administration team.
This newly created position will be filled by a dynamic individual who is willing to take a leading role as a member of our team. The ideal candidate will be a proven problem solver who has the ability to communicate effectively with our supervisory, accounting and administrative staff members. A background in creating a positive culture, benefits administration, on-boarding, managing performance and recordkeeping is a must. This is an incredible opportunity for the right individual to use their knowledge of human resource best practices. In addition to day to day tasks including documentation management, and assisting team members, our part-time HR professional, will focus on the key objectives outlined below.
Key Objective 1 – Positive Employee Relations
- Organizes and implements performance management activities including stay interviews, performance discussions to ensure positive staff/management relationships are maintained and/or enhanced.
- Participates in employee relations functions such as dispute resolution, discipline, communications and reward practices; works to ensure positive morale environment.
- Administers benefit programs by assisting employees in finding answers, provides census information to broker, conducts open enrollment.
- Arranges employee meetings with 401(k) provider; provides information for annual testing and 5500 reporting.
- Manages and submits ‘employer of choice’ activities including various industry and area surveys.
- Coordinates staff activities including CPA Day of Service, flu shots, staff meetings, town hall meetings, lunch and learns, and CPE learning opportunities.
Key Objective 2 – Talent Management
- Works with senior management to define long-term talent strategy and succession plans. Takes an active role in understanding business issues and developing HR plans to support the needs of the business; facilitates organizational and individual discussions with management and staff.
- Designs, develops and implements short-term and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure appropriate placements are made on a continual basis.
- Acts as recruiting agent. Develops and places ads, conducts screening and interviews, places and on-boards new employees. Attends college job fairs and assesses intern candidates.
- Manages employee retention by assessing skills, implementing appropriate training and providing career paths where possible, conducting employee surveys, recommending enrichment to management.
- Acts as record keeper for all OSHA and safety related documentation.
- Works with Workers’ Compensation Insurance provider to manage W/C claims.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a HR management position.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A proven leader with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of staff.
- Experienced level in Microsoft Office Suite
- Work in Schaumburg office and occasionally in Chicago office
- Ability to work all assigned hours
- Ability to carry out all daily responsibilities and key objectives listed above.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business is preferred and a minimum of 3 years of HR management experience. Those with a PHR or SPHR certification will be given preference. Only those who can provide solid references for integrity and confidentiality should apply.
Over the past several years, KRD has received annual awards locally and nationally for being one of the Best Accounting Firms to Work For, and Best and Brightest Places to Work. Our employees enjoy the flexibility, comradery and relaxed working environment we offer while understanding the importance of continuing to meet client needs by working hard, accurately and smart. In addition to being an employer of choice, KRD also offers a generous PTO plan as well as a retirement savings option.
The selected candidate will have employee relations experience, a keen attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to think logically and maintain organization in a fast-paced public accounting environment. Only those with exceptional references and a proven track record as a professional team player will be considered. We check references and perform a background check as part of our hiring process.
We are looking for someone who wants to take ownership of the job and make a difference to our clients. If this sounds like you, please consider applying today by completing our on-line application https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KRDPTHR18 Each is a required step in our application process.