News - Details

2015 Tax Reminders-April

Wednesday, April 15

Personal. File your income tax return for 2014 (Form 1040, 1040-A or 1040-EZ) and pay any tax that is due. For an automatic six-month extension, file Form 4868 and pay the projected tax. You can receive an extension by phone if you pay part or all of your estimated income tax that is due with a credit card.
✔ Pay the first installment of your 2015 estimated tax (Form 1040-ES).
✔ If you paid cash wages of $1,900 or more in 2014 to a household employee, file Schedule H with Form 1040 and report any employment taxes or tax withheld.
✔ The last day to make 2014 contributions to a regular or Roth IRA.
✔ Make your Keogh plan or Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) contribution for 2014 if you are not requesting a filing extension for your tax return.
✔ File gift-tax returns (Form 709 or 709-A) for gifts made in 2014 that exceeded $14,000 per recipient. For a six- month extension, file Form 4868.

Partnerships (and LLCs treated as partnerships). File your 2014 calendar-year return (Form 1065). Provide each partner with a copy of Schedule K-1, Partner’s Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc., or a substitute Schedule K-1. For an automatic five-month extension, file Form 7004.
Corporations. Pay the first installment of 2015 estimated income tax. A worksheet (Form 1120-W) is available to help you estimate your tax for the year.
Employers. March 2015 payroll tax deposit is due if you’re not on a semiweekly deposit schedule.

Thursday, April 30

Employers. File Form 941 (payroll tax) for the first quarter of 2015 and deposit any unpaid taxes. Also, deposit unemployment taxes for the first quarter of 2015 if you owe more than $500 in federal unemployment taxes (FUTA) for the year.
Back to News