Public Accounting Auditor
KRD is a full-service certified public accounting firm, providing a full range of client services: audits, reviews and compilations; outsourced accounting and business services; tax strategies and preparation, as well as financial, retirement and estate planning. Our working environment is team-oriented and supportive. Our business is growing, and we are in need of an auditor to join our team with experience in auditing, including HUD and/or Affordable Housing audits.
This position will be filled by a dynamic individual who is willing to take a leading role as a member of our team. The ideal candidate will be a proven problem solver who has the ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with our clients, staff and partners.
Primary responsibilities are planning and completion of client engagements, supervising one or more staff accountants as necessary, and either the ability to review or present the engagement work papers for review to a manager or partner. This is an incredible opportunity for the right individual to use their ability to “run” engagements and has the organization and communication skills to function as a senior/supervisor/manager.
- Supervise one or more staff accountants on audit engagements. Requires the knowledge, judgment and ability to plan and delegate work, monitor progress, provide on-the-job training and feedback.
- Know and understand the reasons behind the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Develop a sufficient technical knowledge of the work to be performed, requiring a minimum amount of supervision.
- Control the field-work on engagement, making sure that it gets done correctly, within budget and on time. Plans the engagement and completes work papers and final product.
- Develop meaningful contact and relationship with clients. Communicate effectively and gain the respect of the clients and staff.
- Other duties as required to meet overall needs of the Firm.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required and 3+ years of auditing experience, including HUD and/or Affordable Housing audit experience.
- Must have knowledge of auditing, accounting standards and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP, GAAS, GAGAS, Uniform Guidance and Governmental Regulations as applicable).
- Familiarity with ProSystem fx Engagement – a plus
- CPA preferred
- Ability to travel to clients and events when required
Over the past several years, KRD has received annual awards locally and nationally for being one of the Best Places to Work in IL, Best Accounting Firms to Work For, and Best and Brightest Places to Work. Our employees enjoy the flexibility, comradery and relaxed working environment we offer while understanding the importance of continuing to meet client needs by working hard, accurately and smart. In addition to being an employer of choice, KRD also offers a generous PTO plan, healthcare plan options as well as a retirement savings option.
The selected candidate will have attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to think logically and maintain organization in a fast-paced public accounting environment. Only those with exceptional references and a proven track record as a professional team player will be considered. We check references and perform a background check as part of our hiring process.
We are looking for someone who wants to take ownership of the job and make a difference to our clients. If this sounds like you, please consider applying today by sending your cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Auditor@krdcpas.com ATTN: Public Accounting Auditor. EOE/ADA