Staff Accountant - Business Services
KRD, a full service public accounting firm, has been providing sound financial advice to clients for three decades. We provide a full range of client services: audits, reviews and compilations; financial, retirement and estate planning; accounting and software consulting; tax and business valuations services. Our working environment is team-oriented and supportive. Our team of professionals comprise a wealth of specialized experience. Our business is growing and we are in need of an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Business Services team at our Schaumburg location.
The selected candidate will work in a department of 12 to provide services for our firm by performing duties such as those outlined below.
Minimum Education, Skills & Experience:
- Manage accounting functions for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Compile client documentation, paperwork and other records for reporting and taxes purposes.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and balance checkbooks.
- Balance and maintain client general ledgers, including preparing and recording journal entries, making accruals and reconciliations.
- Prepare depreciation and amortization schedules.
- Maintain and general ledger and perform year end close
- Process and prepare financial statements and all related payroll, sales tax filings.
- Consult with clients regarding budgets, financial plans and investment portfolios for tax implications.
- Maintain client working files; assure timely tax payments and benefit plan contributions.
- Interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Prepare engagement correspondence.
- Prepare deposits and pay invoices for clients; code checks for processing of accounts payable.
- May interface with government agencies on behalf of clients.
- Other duties as assigned to meet overall needs of the Firm
- 2 or 4-year degree in accounting preferred – High school or equivalent required
- Strong understanding of General Ledger maintenance and closings
- Experience working in a public accounting firm strongly preferred
- Expert in software applications including QuickBooks, QBO and Microsoft Office. Other Bookkeeping and accounting software capabilities a plus.
- Experience in paperless office environment.
- Exceptional communication skills to work effectively across all layers of the organization both internally and externally.
Over the past several years, KRD has received annual awards locally and nationally for being one of the top Accounting Firms and Best and Brightest places to work. Our employees enjoy the flexibility, comradery and relaxed working environment we offer while understanding the importance of continuing to meet client needs by working hard, accurately and smart. In addition to being an employer of choice, KRD also offers a generous PTO plan as well as full benefit options to our full time staff.
The selected candidate will have a keen attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to think logically and maintain organization in a fast-paced public accounting environment. Only those with exceptional references and a proven track record as a professional team player will be considered. We check references and perform a background check as part of our hiring process.
We are looking for someone who wants to take ownership of the job and make a difference to our clients. If this sounds like you, please consider sending in your resume today. Click here to email your resume.