Senior Accountant Position
KRD, a full-service public accounting firm, has been providing sound financial advice to clients for three decades. We provide a full range of client services: audits, reviews and compilations; financial, retirement and estate planning; accounting and software consulting; tax and business valuations services. Our working environment is team-oriented and supportive. Our business is growing and we are in need of an experienced full-time Senior Accountant to join our Business Services team in our Schaumburg office.
The selected candidate will work in a department of 12 to provide services for our firm by performing duties such as those outlined below.
Minimum Education, Skills & Experience:
- Manage accounting functions for small to medium-sized businesses and individuals
- Compile client documentation, paperwork and other records for reporting and tax purposes
- Maintain client general ledgers, including preparing and recording journal entries, posting accruals and reconciling accounts
- Prepare depreciation and amortization schedules
- Process and prepare all related payroll tax returns, including W-2s and 1099s
- Process and prepare sales tax filings
- Perform year-end close
- Process and prepare financial statements
- Consult with clients regarding budgets, financial plans and investment portfolios for tax implications
- Maintain client working files; assure timely tax payments and benefit plan contributions
- Assist clients in training their new accounting personnel
- Interact with clients in a positive manner, including regular or as-needed on-site visits
- Interface with third-party administrators and government agencies on behalf of clients
- Prepare engagement correspondence
- Prepare deposits and pay invoices for clients; code checks for processing of accounts payable
- Other duties as assigned to meet overall needs of the Firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting – CPA preferred but not required
- 4+ years of experience working in public accounting
- Strong understanding of General Ledger maintenance and closings
- Experience in preparing business and personal tax returns
- Expertise in preparing payroll and sales tax returns
- Expert in QuickBooks desktop, QBO and Microsoft Office. Ability to train clients through all processes, including initial setup and version selection. Other bookkeeping and accounting software capabilities a plus but not required.
- Experience in advanced tax software
- Exceptional communication skills to work effectively across all layers of the organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet tax deadlines
- Experience in paperless environment a plus
Over the past several years, KRD has received annual awards locally and nationally for being one of the top Best Accounting Firms to Work For and Best and Brightest Places to Work. Our employees enjoy the flexibility, comradery and relaxed working environment we offer while understanding the importance of continuing to meet client needs by working hard, accurately and smart. In addition to being an employer of choice, KRD also offers a generous PTO plan as well as a retirement savings option.
The selected candidate will have a keen attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to think logically and maintain organization in a fast-paced public accounting environment. Only those with exceptional references and a proven track record as a professional team player will be considered. We check references and perform a background check as part of our hiring process.
We are looking for someone who wants to take ownership of the job and make a difference to our clients. If this sounds like you, please consider applying today by completing our on-line application at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KRDSR17 and sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT: Senior Accountant position.
Each is a required step in our application process.