There is a lot to consider when buying or selling a company. It can have a lasting effect on shareholders, management and employees. It’s also a complex process that requires planning, negotiations and closing.
Managing a transaction’s tax consequences is one of the most important aspects of the merger & acquisition process, so it’s important to have tax professionals who are well-versed in mergers & acquisitions so they can identify tax-saving opportunities or address challenges if they arise. Due to the recent tax reform, it’s even more important to have a team of tax professionals on your side to help you navigate the merger & acquisition process.
KRD has tax professionals who can help you with:
- Easing the tax burden in a wide range of transactions, including stock-for-stock exchanges and incorporation events
- Determining the availability of net operating loss carryforwards to an acquiring company or to the seller
- Help gauge the financial statement impact of transaction-related corporate tax deductions
- Support the qualification of a transaction as tax-free
- Provide tax-free spin-off structuring and documentation
- Determine tax basis or earnings and profit amounts prior to distributing property outside a corporate entity
Our team of tax professionals share their thought leadership with the tax and accounting industry. They are members and participate in speaking engagements at the AICPA, Illinois CPA Society and GGI – Geneva Group International, our international networking group, and other trade and industry associations.
Contact KRD Today to Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation
If you have questions or concerns about your business transaction, contact KRD at 847-240-1040 or fill out our contact form.